I’m running a marathon in 27 days.

The good news is that I am running again!DM2_3Monday: rest day
Tuesday: 4.86 mi @ 9:35
Wednesday: 7.53 mi on the bike (reading!), 1 mi running warm up, 30 minutes weights
Thursday: 5 mi @ 8:55 w/ 1.5% incline – treadmill
Friday: rest
Saturday: 6 mi @ 9:20 w. 1.0% – 2.0% incline – treadmill
Sunday: .9 mi run to race @ 8:17, 5k w/ friends @ 9:31
Total mileage = 20 miles
I am so happy to be running again. I don’t think I am in any way ready to run the big 26.2 but I am running. I have a feeling that after the Northface half in June I will only be doing Pacers races and not signing up for any long ones. It’s stressful continuously fighting your body to stay healthy. A half year of running when I feel like it, switching things up in the gym (I want to join my old boxing/kickboxing gym again!), and just getting strong and healthy is exactly what my body needs.

Moving on to a photo dump.musclemilkRecieved a massive shipment of muscle milk and cytomax. Being an ambassador has it’s perks. Reminder: sign up for the Zooma Annapolis half!breakyI have been eating the same thing for breakfast ever since getting the Muscle Milk… oatmeal made with 1 cup muscle milk, mixed with some flax, and topped with a banana. Bfast of champions.
dinnerNew slow cooker meal! Recipe to come this week. This ish is delicious!rexMy face is on a wine bottle! Well… just this wine bottle. Still pretty freaking cool.raceI ran the Pacers Love The Run You’re With 5k this Sunday with my friend Cristy. Her PR before this race was 40 minutes for a 5k.cristyWe finished in 29:45!! She hated me a little bit towards the end but was super jazzed once she cooled down. So proud of her!

Did you race this weekend?
Last new thing you made?
How was your training last week?

14 comments for “I’m running a marathon in 27 days.

1. February 10, 2014 at 7:44 am

Oh yayyyy your marathon is so close! I”m glad you are running along once again. And who is EVER ready for a marathon? Probably no one ever. It is like having children. You think you are ready, but how can you ever be ready ?

Moving on, I have been drooling over that breakfast with bananas ever since you posted it. Loooks amazing. Please make this wedding morning for me so I have energy to walk down the aisle and not collapse. Congrats to your friend on her PR!!! That is awesome — and kudos to you for helping her get through it! You are so good for doing a race… My next one I am signed up for is at the end of April but I might squeeze one in March. We will see!
    Lillian recently posted…The Best Kind of Shopping is… Free.My Profile

• February 12, 2014 at 6:32 am

Great analogy : ) I think I am more mentally ready than I expected. Physically not so much. Mentally I am just like okay no time goal we are gunna jog the crap out of this marathon and have a great time!

Ah with wedding and your normal life how do you have time for racing! PLUS you are in the north pole practically. Crazy crazy lady.

I’ll make you breakfast any day : )
      Megan recently posted…I’m running a marathon in 27 days.My Profile

2. February 10, 2014 at 7:56 am

That crock pot meal looks insanely good!!! Nice workouts, girl!
    Nikki recently posted…Olympic Themed PartyMy Profile

3. February 10, 2014 at 8:33 am

ok dude we so need to meet up, I know that we are now both ambassadors for zooma so this has to happen. i know you are slammed with your new job but maybe we can grab dinner or a drink one night when you feel less busy. and congrats on hitting the groove with running! must feel amazing to be back

• February 12, 2014 at 6:33 am

I am glad that this meet up is in the works… I was already told Thursday was a work from home day! Fingers crossed no snow comes and our date is on!
      Megan recently posted…I’m running a marathon in 27 days.My Profile

4. February 10, 2014 at 8:51 am

Face on a wine bottle?! That’s so cool! Can’t wait for the slow cooker meal, I’m always looking for new ones!!
    Ashley recently posted…Fun DiscoveriesMy Profile

5. February 10, 2014 at 7:31 pm

BOOYA! You’re a race PR baller…I know you could get me to run faster, but I’m scared at the thought. I think I may be more excited for your marathon than you are!

• February 12, 2014 at 6:34 am

Probably! I am not “excited” more so just ready for a mental and physical wooping. Have you been looking at the races I sent you!?!
      Megan recently posted…I’m running a marathon in 27 days.My Profile

6. February 10, 2014 at 8:04 pm

Eek its getting so close! Yey for running again. You are totally right, getting your body healthy is important. And that is so awesome to help her PR. I need to run that fast! You need to be my marathon mentor and let me know all about it once you complete it. I know you will do awesome! You are on your way
    Rana @Destination: 26.2 recently posted…Virginia Bloggers MeetupMy Profile

• February 12, 2014 at 6:35 am

Thanks for the kind words Rana!! I will definitely share any thoughts I get from the marathon. I am so proud of you for signing up already!
      Megan recently posted…I’m running a marathon in 27 days.My Profile

7. February 11, 2014 at 11:36 am

I can’t believe its only 27 days away! You are going to do so well. Man, all those muscle milk goodies are AHHHMAZING!!! Congrats to your friend for finishing her race SO FAST!! Beast mode x100000! Good for her.

Your breakfast looks so good. I remember seeing it on Instagram and thinking I want that in front of me… right now. Mmm, oats are just too good sometimes. I also LOVE that you are on a wine bottle. I love wine so I think this is my new goal in life.. get your face on a wine bottle just like Megan – how did that happen anyways!!?

• February 12, 2014 at 6:36 am

Oats really are amazing in this cold weather. Heck I am eating a bowl right meow!!!

Well the face – Rex Goliath had some people at my grocery store doing a tasting and then you could get your pic taken and they printed a label for you!
      Megan recently posted…I’m running a marathon in 27 days.My Profile