Holiday Gift Ideas For The Health Nut In Your Life

‘Tis the season for giving gifts! I have put together some ideas for the health nut in your life that are sure to please!

1) Anything from the Keep It Real Food Company - My personal favorite is the No-Grain Granola. Eat it plain, mix with some dried fruit, add some almond milk… the sky is the limit.Another one of my favorites are the Flourless Cocoa Nib Cookies.I really don’t think you can go wrong with any of the products.

2) Paleo snacks from Julian Bakery - I already ranted and raved about how much I love their Paleo Wraps.bb4What I didn’t talk about were the crackers that I tried out as well. A little bit on the denser side for crackers but I really enjoyed them.

3) ProCompression Socks – need I say more? I have been trying out some other brands and ProCompression really just steals my heart. The sock of the month for November is Argyle and you can take 40% off with the code “NOV”. In addition to the SOM for November you can also use the code “BLG13″ for 40% off ANY marathon sock or calf sleeve! Also keep your eye out for a Christmas sock coming out in early December!

4) Cookware – A few items that I currently have on my wish list (affiliate links!):

5) Race Entry  – For the health nut who is ALSO a runner, offering to pony up for a race registration is a great idea. Racing is a ton of fun but it is not cheap!

6) New Shoes – All runners / athletes have a soft spot for athletic foot wear. Be ready to pony up a little dough though because a good pair of running shoes is in the $100 – $150 range. Take your runner with you shopping!post3

7) Nutritional Bars – I don’t love substituting meals with bars but I have an iffy stomach before running and have found that these all sit perfectly well in my stomach no matter how tough the run is:

AMRAP Bars – Paleo Approved! Journey Bars – Gluten Free, Soy Free, & Vegan

Element Bar (Cherry Power = say no, the rest awesome)

What is your favorite type of gift to receive or give?

12 comments for “Holiday Gift Ideas For The Health Nut In Your Life

1. November 20, 2013 at 8:58 am

My pro compression socks are 1 of my favorite things! This gift guide is terrific. I’m in the middle of putting together a similar post. I love reading what gifts other people love receiving.

The race entry is a terrific idea! I would love to receive that as a gift! I keep telling Dave I want to run the Napa Valley Half Marathon…maybe he will buy me THAT race entry + the plane ticket. haha

2. November 20, 2013 at 9:16 am

I like the race registration idea- I’ve never thought of it but that’s an awesome gift! Gift cards for sporting goods stores or running stores are also good- that way the person can pick out whatever they want!
    Ashley recently posted…Egg, Vegetable & Quinoa Breakfast CasseroleMy Profile

3. November 20, 2013 at 11:28 am

I should know better than to read your blog in the morning. All your delicious food discussion makes me so huuuuungry!!

I love those pink Brooks shoes. Are you running in those now? So pretty
    Brennan recently posted…IronyMy Profile

• November 20, 2013 at 12:08 pm

Brennan my love, 11:30am is hardly the morning! And yes to the shoes! They are the Glycerin 11 and I got them 2 or 3 weeks ago, loving them. I feel like I am running on clouds. I will get a lighter pair eventually for racing but these babies make me super happy.
      Megan recently posted…Holiday Gift Ideas For The Health Nut In Your LifeMy Profile

4. November 20, 2013 at 11:30 am

THE BEST HOLIDAY IDEAS EVER!!! I need to make one of these, it’s like making a wish list for grown ups – awesome. I just got new shoes, but I’d go for another pair. Or I would be happy with just about everything you mentioned, even though I have never tried some of the things!

5. November 20, 2013 at 8:48 pm

I love getting a gift card to somewhere like lululemon — their stuff is pretty pricey, so having a gift card to use towards something makes it a little easier :)
    Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs recently posted…Blogger Holiday Gift Exchange!My Profile

6. November 20, 2013 at 10:24 pm

Those Brooks look so cute!
    Great list! I definitely need to start thinking about gifts!
    Luv What You Do recently posted…The Start of Cold Weather RunningMy Profile

7. November 21, 2013 at 3:01 pm

These are a great gift ideas. You don’t have to spend a lot of money; just show you actually took the time to think about what the recipient would value and sometimes the best gifts are the edible ones!

8. November 21, 2013 at 3:08 pm

These are all very affordable gift ideas. I have lots of running friends so I can stock up on the nutrition bars for stocking stuffers.